Tuesday, July 23, 2013

First/Last-Sean Rowe


"Several years ago musician and naturalist Sean Rowe walked out into the wilderness alone. He spent the next 24 days constructing shelter and foraging for food to eat. He would come away from the experience with the songs that would eventually comprise his dazzling debut album Magic. The San Francisco Chronicle described the record as “beautiful and haunting.”
On his new album The Salesman and the Shark, Rowe has created a work that brilliantly reconfigures classic sounds in support of his intensely observational lyrics and the remarkable ever evolving vocals which inspired No Depression Magazine to succinctly state, “Man, that voice.”

Check out Sean at his official Website, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and MySpace. I want to thank Sean for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Falco.

Your last album bought?
Mississippi Fred McDowell.

Favorite album of all time?
Leonard Cohen "Songs of Love and Hate".

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Most of everything out there in the mainstream.

First concert attended?
Debbie Gibson (‘Electric Youth’ tour). I was 15. My sister dragged me. I had no choice in the matter, honestly.

Last concert?
Oddly enough considering my occupation, I’m not big on concerts. Not big on crowds. I prefer quiet.

Favorite concert ever?
The Black Crowes (‘Southern Harmony’ tour, 1993).

Least favorite concert?
Probably Debbie Gibson.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
"You are beautiful and I packed the Chevrolet. I hear Pittsburgh is better than this town anyway."


Thanks, Sean. Yeah, Debbie Gibson...ouch!

No comments: