Friday, July 19, 2013

First/Last-Chrome Moses


"Chrome Moses is a soulful rock and roll band from Pittsburgh, PA. Chrome Moses's groove encompasses brawny musicianship and screaming guitar that will enthrall audiences across the nation. From your favorite jukejoint to the festival mainstage, Chrome Moses is poised to melt faces and make people sweat."

Check out the band at their official Website, Facebook, ReverbNation and Twitter. The Pittsburgh power trio (with members of another great up and coming local band, The Wheals) have just released their kick-ass self titled debut and are celebrating tomorrow at the Thunderbird Cafe with support from the boys in White Like Fire. I want to thank Joe Piacquadio (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Huey Lewis and The News, “Sports”. I was in the third grade. I had just seen ‘Back to the Future’ and I bought the album because I thought ‘The Power of Love’ was on it. It wasn't, but I liked the album anyway.

Your last album bought?
Hayes Carll, “KMAG YOYO”.

Favorite album of all time?
So this is the hardest question. I would have to say “Appetite for Destruction”. I listened to it so much that the writing was worn from both sides of the cassette.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I wouldn't buy anything or listen to anything I didn't like. I don't like most music that uses synthetic sounds.

First concert attended?
Motley Crue, The Civic Arena, 1988. Warrant was the opener. I think that may have been the first time I smelled marijuana.

Last concert?
I have to confess I don't go to too many shows.

Favorite concert ever?
I saw Steely Dan a couple years back. This was probably the most recent real concert I have been to. They were excellent.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I grew up here, so I guess I'm kind of partial to the city. So have the guys I've been playing music with for over the past 15 years.
That's probably my most favorite thing about this city....my friends and music.

Thanks, Joe. I am really enjoying this album, man. I especially like your fluid guitar solos that totally stand out amidst this HEAVY sound. Looking forward to the show and meeting you, buddy.

No comments: