Thursday, July 11, 2013

First/Last-Rob Nance

"Growing up on a steady diet of musical influences in North Carolina that ranged from Doc Watson to Neil Young, Rob Nance now writes songs that echo the traditions of southern and contemporary folk music. His first EP, Wake Up and Smile, was released in 2012 and his first full-length album, Lost Souls and Locked Doors, was released on June 11, 2013."

Check Rob out at his official Website, Facebook, BandCamp, Twitter. Rob has just released his debut full-length, "Lost Souls and Locked Doors", and I want to thank him for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
No clue. Although among the first batch of cassettes (at least one I'm willing to admit) was Green Day's “Dookie”. I've also been accused of having a Tim McGraw tape, though I have no memory of this.

Your last album bought?
Jason Isbell, 'Southeastern'. Loving it, too.

Favorite album of all time?
Tough call, but if I have to pick one probably “Exile on Main St.”. So much awesome from start to finish.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I put a lot of effort into trying to purge my life of terrible music. Unnecessary effort even. Therefore, I try to only speak on music that I enjoy. I like to think the rest will just slowly fade away.

First concert attended?
Not sure, probably some bluegrass concert I was carted off to as a child.

Last concert?
Father John Misty. One of the best shows I've seen in a while.

Favorite concert ever?
B.B. King. A true professional and entertainer. I saw him when I was in high school and already in his 80's he put on a great show.

Least favorite concert?
Anything ever seen at an outdoor pavilion.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Never been, would love to though. I've heard good things.

Thanks, Rob. Loving the album, man. Hopefully there there is a Pittsburgh date in the near future.

No comments: