Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First/Last-The Velcro Shoes

Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Bloomfield

"With a love of rock and roll and a pure desire to move people with music, The Velcro Shoes are infectious, pounding and unabashed, the band you remember wanting to see. Emerging out of a cold, dull Pittsburgh winter, The Velcro Shoes in short order delivered a bevy of original music that promises to delight music lovers for the foreseeable future."

The band plays Howler's tomorrow night on a bill with I Was Totally Destroying It and Gary Band & The Notions. My thanks to Vocalist/Bassist Eric Emerson for participating in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
RunDMC followed by Motley Crue.

Your last album bought?
That would have to be The Horrors.

Favorite album of all time?
That's a hard one for they all have a place and time...  but undoubtedly and sometimes shyly “Nevermind”. I have to say that it's the album that catapulted myself into music.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
William Hung. LOL. Hard to say. Sometimes an album can disappoint me one week then the next, I get it.

First concert attended?
Foo Fighters.

Last concert?
Pissed Jeans.

Favorite concert ever?
Unfortunately, it's hard to remember much about the concerts I witnessed. Interpol, or maybe the opening two songs of The Killers/Wolfmother, LOL. I don't remember much after song three.

Least favorite concert?
Staind. Yeah, somehow I had to sit through a set of theirs to see STP at Rolling Rock.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
It's tough as a local musician in Pittsburgh. All the booking agents are all about selling a bunch of tickets to your friends at a high dollar amount in a town that cares more about sports and KISS-FM than original music.

Thanks, Eric. I appreciate your honesty about the local music scene. As an independent artist myself, I can definitely relate.

No comments: