Wednesday, March 18, 2015

First/Last-Clay McLeod


Clay McLeod is a Pittsburgh based singer-songwriter/producer who has a tune or two over at his BandCamp page. He is working on getting out an EP this June as he plays out all over town and you can find out where on his Twitter updates. I want to thank him for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
The Baja Men "Who Let The Dogs Out." Yes, I’m apologetically a 90's kid.

Your last album bought?
LIGHTS "Little Machines".

Favorite album of all time?
That's a tough decision to make, but probably Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti" or Keller Williams' "Laugh."

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Korn's "The Path Of Totality." I was into them at the time that came out, and they really let the electronic concept completely change their sound. I stopped listening to them shortly after its release.

First concert attended?
I've been seeing shows my whole life, so I really don't remember what was my first, but I’m told my parents saw the Allman Brothers a couple times while my mom was pregnant, so I count that.

Last concert?
LIGHTS where I bought the above mentioned album she was supporting. It was a great show, I recommend seeing them.

Favorite concert ever?
Hands down, Dave Matthews Band at New Orleans Jazz Fest 2013. Nothing compares to seeing a huge outdoor show in pouring rain.

Least favorite concert?
I’d rather not say, i don't like to talk down on other artists, and I genuinely enjoy most of the shows I go to.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh will always hold a special place in my heart. I was born here, and I like to think that I was reborn artistically here as well. Every time I leave town, something about finally arriving back in the city makes me fall in love with this place all over again. I think there's a panorama from Grandview permanently etched in my mind.

Thanks, Clay. Loving the demos I have heard, man. Looking forward to hearing the full band treatment.

No comments: