Friday, June 12, 2015

First/Last-Lucid Lung


"picking out all the cashews (tru rock n roll moves)"

Lucid Lung is an experimental pop band from Pittsburgh/State College who released their self-titled debut recently. I want to thank Tyler Haas and Patrick Coyle for taking the time to participate in this edition  of First/Last.



The first album you ever bought?
M.Ty: Good Charlotte “The Young and the Hopeless”.
PC: The Thrills “So Much for the City”.

Your last album bought?
M.Ty: Holly Waxwing “Peach Winks”.
PC: Secret Paper Moon + Ouais split tape.

Favorite album of all time?
(disclaimer, this is impossible to answer)
M.Ty: Women “Public Strain”.
PC: The Strokes “Room on Fire”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
M.Ty: Maps and Atlases “Beware and Be Grateful”, tho I still like some of the songs, errything went downhill since “You Me and the Mountain”, imo.
PC: By the time I got the ‘School of Rock’ soundtrack given to me as a gift for the second time, I felt very disappointed in it.

First concert attended?
M.Ty: Tish Hina Hosa at the South Park Amphitheater.
PC: John Mayer at Bryce Jordan Center. Sorry.

Last concert?
M.Ty & PC: Tops at Cattivo!

Favorite concert ever?
PC: Probably the first time I saw Deerhoof. I was right in front of Greg Saunier and I felt like crying.
M.Ty: Omg, I second that.

Least favorite concert?
M.Ty: Reel Big Fish playing in Spikes Stadium at Penn State. #1 most depressing show :((
PC: Yep, definitely that Reel Big Fish concert.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Visitors to Pittsburgh often say how polite and genuine the people are, and I think it’s true, especially in regards to the people involved in the music scene. It’s becoming more and more vibrant each day, and it helps that those who are setting up shows and making music are really awesome.

Thanks, guys. It's funny, I have always heard from out-of-towners how nice people who live here are.

No comments: