Friday, February 7, 2014

First/Last-ZOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!

Nathan Zoob is a Pittsburgh based guitarist who plays with several Pittsburgh bands such as Wreck Loose, Broken Fences and Mark Dignam. He is beginning production on his first solo EP and has gone the Kickstarter route. I have to say, if you support any local musician, do so with this guy. You will not find a nicer dude around and he's as talented as he is cool. I want to thank him for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
The Who's “Tommy”.

Your last album bought?
Chet Vincent & the Big Bend “Unconventional Dog”.

Favorite album of all time?
The Who's “Tommy”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Hard to say definitively. I usually don't dwell on the ones I don't like.

First concert attended?
The Who, Madison Square Garden, 2000.

Last concert?
The Nox Boys, Meeting of Important People at the Warhol Museum.

Favorite concert ever?
Simon & Garfunkel at Madison Square Garden.

Least favorite concert?
Hard to say--also not classy to say.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I'm an immigrant to this town. I grew up in NYC and moved here for school. The scene in Pittsburgh is so nurturing and so full of undiscovered gems. I don't think I'll ever be able to pay back the debt I owe to the many musicians who treated me like family when they had no reason to. I came here a snob, but I found a home.
  
Thanks, Zoob. So cool you made your goal but I am really encouraging everyone reading this to pledge if they haven't done so. Maybe it can be a full album if you raise mo' money?

No comments: