Thursday, February 13, 2014

First/Last-House & Hawk


Check out the band on Facebook. As a music blogger I am regularly trolling one of my favorite sites BandCamp for any new and exciting bands, especially from Pittsburgh. I recently stumbled upon this 'lo-fi experimental indie jangle pop-punk' duo that absolutely blew me away as soon as I heard them. Upon contacting the guys, I discovered that they are a studio band mainly and do not play live. Their latest releases, the fantastic self-titled full length and the more recent "Muddle" EP are out via Heavy River Record Company. They are working on new music as I write this, slated to be released later this year. My sincere thanks to Steve Neinhauser (Multi-Instruments) and Alexander Strung (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Steve: R.E.M. “Out of Time”. I remember listening to that album non-stop as a kid and loving it but also being afraid of KRS-One's rapping on ‘Radio Song’. It made no sense to me as a kid and it still doesn't make sense now.

Your last album bought?
Steve: “Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes”.
Alex: Eurythmics “Savage”.

Favorite album of all time?
Steve: "Hex" by Bark Psychosis.
Alex: “Sign 'o' the Times”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Steve: Without thinking too hard about it I think I can say it was probably something that Oasis did. "Champagne Supernova" is my kryptonite.
Alex: “Abbey Road”.

First concert attended?
Steve: Huey Lewis & The News. Three Rivers Stadium.
Alex: Prince/

Last concert?
Steve: My Bloody Valentine.
Alex: The Gifted Children.

Favorite concert ever?
Steve: Wire in 2011. Close runner up being the first time I saw Guided By Voices on their reunion tour. That was really, really fun.
Alex: Wu-Tang Clan.

Least favorite concert?
Steve: of Montreal.
Alex: Belle and Sebastian.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Steve: I'm excited that we've got a totally revitalized arts and cultural scene going and that young people are finally sticking around! Now if we can only get some decent public transportation we'd be cooking with gas!
Alex: Beautiful town.

Thanks, fellas. Very stoked to say the least to find your music. Can't wait to hear more!

No comments: