Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First/Last-Laetitia Sadier

Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Larryville

"Silencio! It's been two years since we took The Trip with Laetita Sadier. Her first true solo album since exiting the bedrooms of Monade and Stereolab, The Trip breathed freshly and deeply as both a personal homage to life's journey and as a grieving process for the separations that are unavoidable within it. Born from a similar, natural need for stillness as well as agitation, Laetitia now delivers her follow-up LP, Silencio - an album exploring the individual connection to a deeper self, placed in a broader environment, in a similarly fresh kind of way."

Her latest solo effort "Silencio", was released on Drag City this past July and Laetitia will be in Pittsburgh tomorrow night at the Thunderbird Cafe with support from Orca Team. My thanks to her for this session of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
“Unknown Pleasures”, Joy Division.

Your last album bought?
“Three”, Portishead.

Favorite album of all time?
“A Tabua De Esmeralda”, Jorge Ben Jor.

First concert attended?
Simple Minds.

Last concert?
I Love Sarah, at Boschbar Zurich. They are a 2 piece experimental band from Belgium. Highly energetic.

Favorite concert ever?
Holden, on a boat somewhere near Le Mans in France. That was the most delightful. I saw a great band at the Jabber Jaw in LA some years ago, the were really good; called Unwound. They marked me!

Least favorite concert?
Too many to name, but I usually try to forget them...

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Looking forward to being there again. I have found memories of our only Lab concert there, I believe only once? I also like Cassavetes, and one of his films with Gina Rowlands is based there, so Pittsburgh holds a special mythical place in my mind.


Thank you, Laetitia. I believe it was in 2000 since you have played here last at the now closed Club Laga. Nice to finally have you back.

No comments: