Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First/Last-Mayor of Pittsburgh Bill Peduto

This fall, I will occasionally be switching up the First/Last series by asking local Pittsburgh personalities from various fields to participate in the Q&A. One thing these folks do have in common is their enthusiasm for music.

"Pittsburgh City Councilman William Peduto was sworn in as the 60th Mayor of the City of Pittsburgh on Monday, the sixth of January 2014 at 1 pm at Heinz Hall, 600 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."
 
I must admit, there are very few politicians I actually like but Bill Peduto is that rare exception. I have always related to his vision, his ideas and as a bonus, I have seen Bill out at many shows over the years. So yeah, he's got that going for him in my book. Seriously, how can you not like someone who sponsored the resolution to have 'Girl Talk Day' in Pittsburgh? I want to thank him for taking some time out of his busy schedule to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
My brother bought me “Meet the Monkees” at a garage sale when I had my tonsils removed in ‘71.

Your last album bought?
Just bought The English Beat, “Special Beat Service” on Amazon last month.

Favorite album of all time?
Very, very difficult choice. The Clash, “London Calling”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Don't have one. I usually know what to expect.

First concert attended?
Boston with Eddie Money opening at the Civic Arena in 1978.

Last concert?
Meeting of Important People and Donora at Stage AE for a Pittsburgh benefit.

Favorite concert ever?
Grateful Dead, 1987. The Neville Brothers showed up for an amazing second set.

Least favorite concert?
I have never left a show, sometimes thought about it....


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
It's home.
He adds, "Thanks for reaching out, I am a big fan of music.  Love to participate."


Thanks, Mr. Mayor. That Dead show was something else for sure!

No comments: