Thursday, December 8, 2011

First/Last-Ali Spagnola

Friday, December 9, 2011
Southside

Ali Spagnola is a local artist who likes to party. She enjoys it so much she has developed a unique style of performing where the audience chugs shots of beer in conjunction to the stage show. She takes it to the next level when she releases her Power Hour Drinking Game CD of 60 one minute songs to, you guessed it, drink to. Sounds like a frat boy's dream. Go here to learn more. Ali was cool enough to put down her 'shot glass USB' for a few minutes and participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Happy Nation by Ace of Base. Interestingly enough, I actually quote "The Sign" from that album on track 20 of The Power Hour Album.

Your last album bought?
Ceremonials by Florence + the Machine.

Favorite album of all time?
The Wild Party (Original Cast Album) by Andrew Lippa.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I Stand by Idina Menzel. I was expecting some powerful Broadway-type music and it was watered down pop.

First concert attended?
Tina Turner with my mom when I was really young. We actually went more so to see the opener, Cyndi Lauper.

Last concert?
Britney Spears, the Femme Fatale Tour.

Favorite concert ever?
Lady Gaga, The Monster Ball Tour.

Least favorite concert?
Pauly D. He was actually opening for Britney Spears on the Femme Fatale tour. I was totally ready to rock out and go crazy for his set (either honestly or ironically) but it was anti-climactic and I did zero rocking.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
My favorite part of Pittsburgh is wearing a Steelers jersey on Sunday and knowing that everyone else in the city picked the same outfit as me.


Thanks Ali. I must say, even though I am 20 years out of college, it still sounds very intriguing. Have fun...like I even need to say that.

No comments: