Monday, December 19, 2011

Best of 2011-Album of the Year # 5 - Tristen

February

Favorite song: Eager For Your Love

Tristen Gasparadek is in her late twenties but sounds years more mature on this, her full length debut. She released a raw, self recorded CD a few years ago but with this album, her music is full of a new confidence and unmistakably beautiful vocal harmonies not found on the first collection of songs.
My recollection of seeing her play in the Spring was the fact that I thought was privy to something undiscovered and special, until unknown to me, two other local music bloggers were crazy too see her as well, and she wasn't even headlining the night!
She is celebrating the season (and a new haircut) with offering up her new yuletide EP here in exchange for your email addy. She was cool enough to take some time recently to participate in this year end edition of First/Last.



The first album you ever bought?
Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits. My mom hooked me the first time I heard ‘Jolene’.

Your last album bought?
The Eurythmics Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).

Favorite album of all time?
Really hard to narrow down the list but The Beatles Revolver was probably the most influential.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I don't have the attention span to hear music that doesn't catch me. I tune it out, turn it off or walk away.

First concert attended?
Steely Dan with my parents when I was 8. It was also the first time I smelled the sweet fragrance of marijuana.

Last concert?
Well I just saw Justin Townes Earle play about ten minutes ago & he's just about the baddest country songwriting outlaw I've seen!

Favorite concert ever?
Stevie Wonder at Bonnaroo 2010- I'm not a religious woman but praise Jesus!

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I've only played Pittsburgh a couple of times but I do remember how you all love your Penguins!

Thanks so much Tristen. Really cannot wait to see you play Pittsburgh again.

No comments: