Saturday, June 12, 2010

Image Of The Day-TRAF 2010


So as the Three Rivers Arts Festival came to a close last night, at least for me, I am kicking myself as I write this. Some of my favorite bands and friends are playing on the main stage and I am not there. No worries. I just had to take a break from the picture taking to hang with my lovely family. Some things are more important ya know. Tomorrow as the fest ends officially with Patty Griffin and Buddy Miller, I am taking the less popular route and checking out Dawes at Hartwood. Call me crazy but 'North Hills' is totally kicking me arse. Here are my thoughts and images on this year.

  • Bill Deasy is a Pittsburgh treasure. The guy is humble, nice, and talented as any musician we have here. His son running up to the stage right before the music to say,"Hi Dad!" was endearing as you can get.
  • Alejandro Escovedo should have canceled due to the weather. He didn't. One of the many reasons why he's incredible.
  • Matt Morris was the only national act I saw who came out to greet fans. Note to bands: Do this and you will be successful beyond belief!
  • I would kill to have a WYEP studio cam on Cindy Howes in the morning just to capture her infinite hand gestures.
  • The pure joy and volume of Ingrid Michaelson's fans screaming was my favorite part of the festival run.
  • City cops don't like fans asking Justin Townes Earle for his autograph. Not one bit.
  • Kris Kristofferson could use a kick-ass band.
  • I discovered THE best parking spot for the fest this year. Free, closer than any of the garages, and it's right in front of...yeah, like I would tell you. If you really have to know, email me.
My sincerest of thanks go out to my friends at The Cultural Trust who actually have faith in my photographic abilities. It means everything to me. You are wonderful.

No comments: