Friday, June 18, 2010

First/Last-Josh Verbanets



Meeting Of Important People are readying their sophomore release. Mastering. mixing, finalizing. Whatever that means? I have been so lucky to be jamming on the new songs early and will be able to exclusively offer a preview right here in the weeks to come before anyone else. Nice! Seriously, you will not believe this music.
They have two parties coming up to celebrate the occasion. July 24th is the over 21 gig at the Thunderbird. July 30th, all ages at the Warhol, outside with Good Night, States. To understate the obvious, I will be at both.
Before all of that goodness, they will partake in the hometown showcase this Sunday at Hartwood along with a slew of other great bands. My ultimate Father's Day. It is my extreme pleasure to say that Josh was so kind to participate in this, my birthday edition, of First/Last Friday.


The first album you ever bought?
Aerosmith's "Get A Grip" purchased
with allowance money.

Your last album bought?
Hmm... I bought the MGMT record off of
iTunes, and bought a new copy of "Arthur" by The Kinks.

Favorite album of all time?
"Love It To Death" by the Alice Cooper Group.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I threw "Wish You Were
Here" by Pink Floyd the f*ck out of my car window.

First concert attended?
U2 Pop Mart tour at Three Rivers Stadium in 1996-7.

Last concert?
Round Black Ghosts CD release at Thunderbird.

Favorite concert ever?
Saw The Vines at a little club in Buffalo New
York
in 2002 when their first record was big. The only concert I have
ever seen where I didn't want it to end when it did.

Least favorite concert?
Iron and Wine at the Palace Theater in
Greensburg a few years back.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
My friend Matt Miller
claims to know every street in this town.


Thanks Josh. Floyd's WYWH? You have some 'splainin' to do next time we see each other brah!

No comments: