Friday, April 10, 2015

First/Last-The Patti Fiasco


"Jet-fueled by powerhouse front woman Alysia Kraft, The Patti Fiasco delivers a brash yet fiercely soulful brand of rock and roll with a heavy dose of rockabilly, blues, and ballad. At times raw and volatile, and at others, sweet and lilting, the band fuses a hard-rock swagger with the two-step of its Wyoming roots."

The Patti Fiasco is a 'twang-n-bang' Fort Collins, CO quintet that has a phenomenal debut full lenth from 2013 called "Small Town Lights" which I cannot stop listening to. As I already anticipate Fall, I want to thank Alysia Kraft (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
“Thriller” Michael Jackson.

Your last album bought?
“Sun Structures” Temples.

Favorite album of all time?
“Oh Be Joyful” Shovels and Rope.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
“Songs of Innocence” U2 (I can't figure out how to get it off my phone and it's ruining my random play. :)

First concert attended?
Salt-N-Pepa at the St. Louis Fair. I was 8 and it was awesome.

Last concert?
Spoon at SXSW.

Favorite concert ever?
It's a tie! Lucinda Williams/ Ryan Adams at Red Rocks or Brandi Carlile at the Lincoln Center.

Least favorite concert?
Marc Cohn, Etown Recording.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I feel so sad to say I've never been... but it won't be that way for long. I know there are A LOT of bridges and we're headed that way in the fall.


Thanks, Alysia. I admit, I have kind of been obsessing over your tunes the last few days. Pittsburgh visit in the fall? Definitely!

No comments: