Friday, April 10, 2015

First/Last-Book Club


"Book Club re-imagines the classic marriage between him & her vocals and carefully crafted orchestration by transforming their heritage into sound unbound by history. The songs blend classic influences like Cash, Petty, Dylan, and Reed, with a country, pop, and indie spin. Singer-songwriter Robbie Horlick strums a nylon-stringed acoustic, leading the 7-piece band through his honest tales of love and heartache, with an interpretation as modern as it is hauntingly timeless."

Book Club is an indie-folk band from Atlanta who's latest release is "One Way Moon". I want to thank songwriter Robbie Horlick (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Aside from joining BMG and Columbia House multiple times, the first album I can remember buying was Nirvana “Nevermind”.


Your last album bought?
Just two days ago! I bought the new Moon Duo record.


Favorite album of all time?
Very tough question, but I'd say Townes Van Zandt “Live at the Old Quarter”.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I don't think I can answer this since I don't really keep track of the records I don't like.


First concert attended?
Paul McCartney.


Last concert?
Sam Amidon and Nels Cline.


Favorite concert ever?
Tom Waits at the Fox Theater in Atlanta.


Least favorite concert?
Barenaked Ladies (I was dragged there by a date).


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I went to University of Pittsburgh for college, so I only have good memories of my time there and the city. Saw (and played) some incredible shows, made fantastic friends, bought a lot of records, and ate a lot of pierogies. It's an amazing city. Whenever I get nostalgic, I just watch Wonder Boys.

Thanks, Robbie. Love that you have a Pittsburgh connection. Come back anytime, man.

No comments: