Wednesday, May 25, 2016

First/Last - A Little Less Human


"They are an American rock duo who met while playing for another Steel City based rock group, and immediately found chemistry. They soon left to start their own project in late 2015. Their massive sound is harsh yet melodic, and at the very least, an aggressive punch and feel that will keep you moving from the first song to the last with influences ranging from pop to punk and funk to classic rock. The band's music feature the multi-layered harmonies and bouncy riffs that A Little Less Human is known for and is a great opener to what they have to offer musically."

A Little Less Human is a relatively new Pittsburgh based rock duo who are beginning to make a big splash on the music scene with their debut single "Warchild". As they plan on making new music for us, please join me in thanking Mike Show (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


 The first album you ever bought?
Wow. The first albums I remember listening to in grade school were Will Smith's Big Willie Style and The Offspring's Americana. I remember hearing a bad word on the Offspring album, and giving it back to my Mom so I wouldn't get in trouble later.

Your last album bought?
Since I pay for Spotify I rarely purchase new music. I made sure, however, to purchase Random Access Memories by Daft Punk. It's some of the most intricate and detailed music I've ever heard.

Favorite album of all time?
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik. If that doesn't get you going I don't know what will. I also listen to Philip Glass' album Solo Piano almost every week.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
St. Anger really was probably the most disappointing album for me and my friends when it came out. It didn't stop us from going to their concert that year.

First concert attended?
Spice Girls at the Post-Gazette Pavilion. Awesome.

Last concert?
Just went to an Experience Hendrix Show in Ohio with my family. We had a full night of Hendrix music from the likes of Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Zakk Wylde, and Eric Johnson, to name a few of the performers.

Favorite concert ever?
Most memorable was the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, I believe in 2009. It was on Halloween, and Flea flew out from the stage floor dressed as a witch playing a bass solo to open the show. They played their Stadium Arcadium set, and then busted out every single hit song I could've asked for. Awesome night. Favorite band.

Least favorite concert?
Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
A Little Less Human was chosen to compete in this year’s Hard Rock Winter Rock Showcase. We were competing against established bands in the area, and it was literally our first show on stage together. Needless to say, I was nervous. We ended up having an incredible turnout, and crushed the show, winning that event. The feeling was incredible.

I'm also really happy that my family is around and close to me. We're always finding excuses to see each other, whether it's fishing or hunting, or going to a show. Western PA is a major part of who I am, and always will be.


Thanks, Mike. I am hearing very cool things about you guys. Looking forward to seeing you play soon.

No comments: