Monday, May 2, 2016

First/Last - Emerson Jay


"The Pittsburgh native, Emerson Jay, produces synth-ridden compositions over top of a driving kick and snare and often complimented with catchy guitar and bass. This is music that will make you want to dance like a kid again."

Emerson Jay is an indie synth pop band from Pittsburgh led by songwriter Jared Gulden (Keyboards/Vocals) who is starting to make some real noise in the local music scene following their latest single Feel Like Gold. The band is one of the organizers (along with those other young upstarts Nevada Color) in the first Framework Music and Art Festival which occurs this Saturday (5/7) starting at 5pm (Doors 4pm) at RE360 Warehouse in Allentown. Tickets are only $10 and can be snagged here. Produced to bring together DJ's, photographers, videographers and musicians to showcase up and coming talent Pittsburgh has to offer. A portion of the proceeds will benefit early education and entrepreneurial organizations in the area.
The highlight is the great lineup for the night with André Costello and the Cool Minors, Donora, Wreck Loose and the aforementioned Nevada Color and Emerson Jay. I want to thank Jared for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.






The first album you ever bought?
NOW 3. The first one from an actual band was Fallen by Evanescence.

Your last album bought?
Thrill of the Arts by Vulfpeck.

Favorite album of all time?
Under the Microscope by Ripplegroove.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I'm not sure if I have a least favorite album or one that I was necessarily disappointed in. There have been quite a few that I've really only enjoyed a song or two and there are plenty of albums that I can listen to all the way through and love it all.

First concert attended?
The first concert I can remember attending was The Clarks at the Chevy Amphitheater.

Last concert?
William Forest and Oh Malo last week.

Favorite concert ever?
Definitely, hands down, Empire of the Sun at Mamby on the Beach last year. Fireworks, great sound, and crazy live dancers definitely added to the excitement of a great group.

Least favorite concert?
I've performed at a lot of my least favorite concerts, otherwise, I wouldn't buy a ticket for a concert I didn't want to go to.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh has always been home to me, I love it here. The music scene is diverse and super welcoming. There are a bunch of people, including yourself, that help to push the local scene which is a beautiful thing. Personally, I love to find a good spot to sit and have a drink as the sun starts to go down and find a good concert to attend, no matter the size of the artist performing. Right now, my favorite place to catch a show in the burgh is the Pittsburgh Winery.


Thanks, Jared. Congrats on helping to put this fest together. I can't wait, it should be a blast!

No comments: