Monday, December 20, 2010

First/Last-Hayley Taylor

Hayley Taylor
One Foot in Front of the Other
Released September 14, 2010

Every year it happens that I discover a new artist who I never heard of before and their album blows me away to the extent that I just cannot believe they aren't more well known. This year it's Hayley and her debut full length. The songs and production are surprisingly top notch for an independent release. Imagine for a moment early Sheryl Crow when she wasn't as...bland? That's pretty much Hayley. She has a more forceful, Kathleen Edwards vibe going and I am so happy she took time out to participate in the 2010 advent edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Madonna- Like a Virgin (on vinyl).

Your last album bought?
The Zolas-Tic Toc Tic (mp3s) and Band of Horses-Infinite Arms.

Favorite album of all time?
Radiohead-The Bends.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Beck-Midnite Vultures.

First concert attended?
Counting Crows.

Last concert?
Pavement.

Favorite concert ever?
Nada Surf acoustic in Austin, TX.

Least favorite concert?
I've blocked them all out.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I've been to Philadelphia briefly, but I've never been to Pittsburgh unfortunately. I'd love to check it out though and play some shows there sometime soon. The Three Rivers festival sounds really cool as well.


Thanks so much Hayley. Really, this album is just so good. I hope you tour soon and hit Pittsburgh someday. You would be perfect to play the Three Rivers Arts Fest.

No comments: