Friday, September 24, 2010

First/Last-Joe Melba

Photo courtesy the band's myspace.


Ash Dinosaur

Howler's Coyote Cafe
Friday September 24, 2010
Bloomfield

Ash Dinosaur is a local band that's playing Howler's tonight with Onodrim and Deprator. Go out and see live music people. You will thank me for it! Joe plays bass in the band and was cool enough to participate in this latest edition of First/Last Friday.

The first album you ever bought?
Excluding Weird Al records, it'd be The Outfield's "Rockeye". I liked one of their jams that was in a SPORTS ILLUSTRATED commercial from my youth.

Your last album bought?
Good Luck's "Into Lake Griffy’".

Favorite album of all time?
That's tough, but I'll go with The Minutemen's "double nickles on the dime".

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Well, I can't say I have a "least favorite", but I've been pretty disappointed by the majority of Paul Westerberg's solo work.

First concert attended?
Metallica/Fight/Suicidal Tendencies, Starlake Amphitheatre, August 1994.

Last concert?
The last show I went to was The Harlan Twins @ fair in the park. In terms of "concerts" (ie: stuff @ big corporate venues), it'd be Flaming Lips @ Station Square in July.

Favorite concert ever?
Bonnaroo 2009, great lineup, met good people and went with my favorite person ever.

Least favorite concert?
I dunno, I've been to a lot of really terrible shows. I do remember seeing The Psychedelic Furs at the arts festival a few years back and noting that they just played horribly.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh rules. Anyone that says otherwise sucks!


Thanks Joe. I was actually at both of the last gigs you saw (Flaming Lips, Harlan Twins). Both great in their own way.

No comments: