Wednesday, November 26, 2014

First/Last-The Weathered Road


"Whether The Weathered Road is performing live or writing music, the word that would build the Word Cloud would be PASSION. Willing to Fall is the second release by The Weathered Road. A drastic departure from the "bluegrass" and pure "folk" sounds of their first album, "A New Road Home", "Willing to Fall" is more Folk-Rock and Americana in nature. Tracks like "I Will", are gaining national attention, with catchy hooks and memorable lyrics. The chorus belts, "happiness is having what you want, and wanting what you have, everything I love fits in my hands, so I am a wealthy man". It truly comes from the heart."

The Weathered Road is the brainchild of singer-songwriter Christopher Bell. The Pittsburgh folk-rock band's latest album is "Willing to Fall" which you should definitely check out, especially if you like Ray Lamontagne, Glen Hansard, Stephen Stills, and Jack Johnson. I want to thank Christopher for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Rush “2112” cassette at Trader Jack's flea market. I bought because the cover looked cool ;)


Your last album bought?
I repurchased Smashing Pumpkins “Siamese Dream” for at least the 9th or 10th time because I saw it on a shelf in Goodwill.


Favorite album of all time?
Hands down Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon”.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I recall being very disappointed with Live “Secret Samadhi” when I was younger and now I listen to the album almost front to back and really dig it.


First concert attended?
Edwin McCain with Jeffrey Gaines at Graffiti.


Last concert?
Jeff Grable at Gene's in Morgantown... last national act was Paul McCartney.


Favorite concert ever?
Ray Lamontagne in DC at Constitution Hall as a duo with just he and an upright bassist.


Least favorite concert?
Mumford and Sons only because I am certain they were playing to a backing track.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Opening for Donnie Iris on the Gateway and getting to see what a true artist acts like and what talent really is. The man simply astounded me. I'll never forget meeting him at Kelly's when a child with Down syndrome was nervously awaiting an autograph from Donnie and when he approached; Donnie called him by his name because he remembered him from meeting him several years before. Class act.

Thanks, Christopher. I totally agree with you... love Donnie!

No comments: