Monday, July 9, 2012

First/Last-Cindy Howes WYEP


I have been 'unofficially' shooting shows for WYEP-FM for two years now and I am celebrating this week by bringing you a special series of First/Lasts with the station's on-air personalities.
We begin today with Cindy, a Boston native who hosts the Morning Mix on WYEP. My thanks to her for participating in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Alanis Morissette, “Jagged Little Pill”. I was 14 and soooo cool!

Your last album bought?
Beach House, “Bloom”. THIS BAND…OMG!

Favorite album of all time?
Paul Simon, “Paul Simon”. Yes! Let's listen to it right now!!!

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
My brother's favorite album for a while was Bob Dylan's "Blood On The Tracks", so I listened to it when I was about 17 and absolutely hated it. It's one of my favorites now, but at first listen, I was like, "Yeah, no thanks, I'll stick to The Cure."

First concert attended?
Stone Temple Pilots 1996 at the Fleet Center in Boston. I went with my brother and cousins. We rode the T and got there too late to see the opener, Local H. I was not that sad about it.

Last concert?
The Color Fleet's EP release at Club Cafe. It was a great show!

Favorite concert ever?
Toss up: Radiohead 1997 at Harbor Lights (in Boston) and Bon Iver at the Rex in 2009.

Least favorite concert?
I hated his set, but I love talking about the time I saw Lou Vega at Mixfest in 2000 (a Boston radio station's summer festival). He played three songs and two of them were "Mambo No. 5".

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Seeing Hughshows at every concert I go to!

Thanks, Cindy. My favorite Pittsburgh thing just might be seeing you at every concert...well, your waving hands at least!


No comments: