Thursday, May 31, 2012

First/Last-Roger Bryan & The Orphans

Friday, June 1, 2012
Larryville

There is a lot going on this Friday but I am definitely going to make it a point to cap off the night at the T'Bird where three very cool bands are going to rock Pittsburgh hard. Being a fan of these bands, I just hope I make it early enough to catch them all. My thanks to Roger Bryan for taking a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Metallica’s “Black Album” when I was 11.

Your last album bought?
The last new record was M. Ward, “Highway Companion” along with the Uncle Tupelo “Still Feel Gone” vinyl reissue. Wait, I picked up a used REM “Document” at a record show after that.

Favorite album of all time?
It might be “Highway 61 Revisited”.

First concert attended?
The Rolling Stones “Voodoo Lounge” tour in Toronto when I was 14.

Last concert?
The Lemonheads earlier this year.

Favorite concert ever?
There are a few favorites but Mudhoney at Mohawk Place was special. I used bug my friend Donny about bringing them and it was never gonna happen. But about 4 years years later he brought them. Amazing show. Up close for the whole thing. Never thought I'd get to see them. Got to meet them and get a bunch of records signed. Good guys.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
We've always met nice people and had good shows there. I think it's a gorgeous place.

Thanks Roger. Can't wait to finally see you guys play!

No comments: