Friday, May 4, 2012

First/Last-White Fence


California indie psych-garage rockers Ty Segall and White Fence have teamed up to produce an amazing new record entitled "Hair".

As the label Drag City puts it:
"Ty on White! Ty Fence! White Segall! White on Ty! Every position/color in the rainbow/stripe in the flag, no quarter given, no corner unrocked in this glintingly lyrsergic meeting of minds."

'Glintingly lysergic meeting of minds', indeed! This slab of heaviness has been in constant rotation around my house and I want to thank White Fence (AKA Tim Presley) for taking a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.



The first album you ever bought?
With my own money? Guns n Roses’ “Appetite for Destruction”. Then I had my mom buy me "Freaky Styley" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers because the narc at the counter wouldn't let me because of the parental advisory.

Your last album bought?
Gary Stewart’s “Greatest Hits”.

Favorite album of all time?
Impossible question. If I had to say anything it'd be Love “Forever Changes” and “Minor Threat” by Minor Threat.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I swear to you I tried to think of one, but you've stumped me. I don't know!

First concert attended?
Lollapalooza 1993.

Last concert?
Not my own? Cut Chemist and Edan.

Favorite concert ever?
Love at the Fillmore in SF (200?). Ramones on the ‘Adios Amigos’ Tour.

Least favorite concert?
Nirvana 4/09/93 in San Francisco. I had a ticket, new every Nirvana song by heart, but my parents wouldn't let me go, for reasons I may never know.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Love the bridges. And everyone I've ever met there. Also, thank you for Barry Bonds.


Thanks Tim. This album is definitely a year-end top 10 consideration for sure. So good.

No comments: