Thursday, May 17, 2012

Image of the Day-"Chloe in the Afternoon"

 St. Vincent
Monday, May 7, 2012
Strip District

Believe me, I do like St. Vincent. Thing is, I just don't go nuts for her as it seems her fans do. Her music is technically good but it's a little too 'geometric' for me. I never say to myself, "You know, I'm in the mood for some St. Vincent." When it's on, it's enjoyable. Like Andrew Bird, Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend, The National and many more of the latest indie trends, I just don't seem to get it. I certainly don't mean to sound harsh it's just you can't fall in love with everything. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention how damned packed this room was. I literally couldn't get back from the stage to the  entrance without going through the bar. Crazy.


No comments: