Wednesday, January 17, 2018

First/Last - Distant Futures


"Listen and linger all around me 
I am the shadow of your step 
I am the taste of a dream 
Your Grandma fed you at only 13 
Oh, those bells may ring 
But not for me "

Distant Futures is an alternative emo band from Pittsburgh who released a three song EP late last year entitled were, which you can snag on cassette as well as digitally. The band has a gig this upcoming Saturday (1/20) at The Glitter Box Theater with Garter Shake and Brittney Chantele so go support local music and check them out. I want to thank Connor Schweisberger (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World at a Tower Records!


Your last album bought?
I pre-ordered the new Camp Cope album. They are one of my favorite bands to come up in the last couple of years.They are playing at The Rex Theater in April, I would advise anyone to check out their music and go to the show!


 Favorite album of all time?
This is a tough one! I am bad at being decisive so I am going to give a top 5.
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Ms. Lauryn Hill
Small Steps, Heavy Hooves - Dear and The Headlights
Peripheral Vision - Turnover
Transatlanticism - Death Cab For Cutie
To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I would say our first album. It was important for us as a band to make it, but there are so many things we would have done differently.


First concert attended?
The Rolling Stones at The Hollywood Bowl.


Last concert?
Emily Yacina, Scratchy Blankey, Yrs, and Yohana at Roboto. Brett Shumaker, among many other promoters in the scene, consistently books great shows.


Favorite concert ever?
I saw Rage Against The Machine play their last show at the Coliseum in Los Angeles. That was a very special show to me because I got to go with one of my best friends.


Least favorite concert?
Not because of the music, but I would say Roger Waters at the Hollywood Bowl. My high school psychology teacher was sitting in front of me and was making out the entire time with his date. He never saw me.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
The people, the positivity, and my personal progress as a person/musician. I am thankful everyday that I took a chance and moved here.

Thanks, Connor. Roger Waters at the Hollywood Bowl actually sounds incredible. As a teacher myself, I disapprove of  your teacher's actions along with you. Just too awkward.

No comments: