Friday, December 7, 2012

First/Last-Lindsay Lou & The Flatbellys

Saturday, December 8, 2012
Southside

"Young "rootsgrass" band Lindsay Lou & The Flatbellys has jumped into the forefront of today's progressive roots music movement. Distinct vocals, tight harmonies, instrumental expertise, and creative arrangements are all essential characteristics of their unique sound. Instrumentally, they can turn on a dime, their arrangements showing a well-developed taste in music - based on bluegrass traditions but frequently dipping into swing jazz and popular song craft - and their sound is deftly guided by the clarion vocals of lead singer Lindsay Lou."

Check out the band on Facebook and Twitter. They stop in town tomorrow at Club Cafe for the early show, touring behind their second album, "Release Your Shrouds", with support from Austin to Pittsburgh transplant Jenny Morgan. I want to thank Lindsay Rachel Petroff (Guitar/Vocals/Clawhammer Banjo) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Alanis Morisette,  “Jagged Little Pill”.

Your last album bought?
“Daisy” May Erlewine, “Long Way Home”.

Favorite album of all time?
The Beatles, “Abbey Road”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Impossible to answer.

First concert attended?
When I was 15 I went to see the band Anti-Flag play a show in Chicago.

Last concert?
Noam Pickelny in Chicago.

Favorite concert ever?
Oh boy. I really can't say which is my favorite. One that sticks out to me is The Wood Brothers in Pontiac, MI, but I have been lucky to have witnessed loads of good music. Usually it's best when it's in a living room.

Least favorite concert?
Impossible to answer.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
My brother lived in Pittsburgh for a little while when I was younger, but I never got to visit him and I know very little about the city. We've driven though it a couple of times on tour, but this will be our first time stopping to play a show. I'm always excited to get to know a new place!


Thanks, Lindsay Lou. Hope you have a little time to discover our fair city.

No comments: