Friday, July 22, 2011

First/Last-Jean-Paul Gaster of Clutch

Clutch
Stage AE
Friday, July 22, 2011
Northshore

Clutch are a rock band from Maryland that have been making and releasing music since 1990. Described as 'the ultimate jam band' due to their widely varying styles from album to album, they are playing Pittsburgh tonight and their drummer Jean-Paul was cool enough to participate in today's edition of First/Last Friday.

The first album you ever bought?
Probably The Police Synchronicity.


Your last album bought?
I just re-bought Miles Davis Live Evil and Pink Floyd's Animals. The versions I had on my iPod were all crackly from having taken the original CDs on tour.


Favorite album of all time?
John Coltrane’s Love Supreme or Black Sabbath’s Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
The albums I do not enjoy are the first ones I forget. Not Applicable.


First concert attended?
First concert was at the Capital Center in Largo Maryland. I saw ZZ Top on the Afterburner tour in 1986.


Last concert?
The last concert I attended was Gregg Allman in Victoria Spain.


Favorite concert ever?
Bad Brains at the original 9:30 club in 1989. That was church. I also just saw Kyuss Lives! last week. They were damn good too.


Least favorite concert?
Maybe seeing Scream and Nation of Ulysses at the 9:30 club. The show was great but I had to leave early because of some kind of food poisoning. That will ruin any gig.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh has great sandwiches and people like to Rock n Roll. That’s a great town.



Thanks Jean-Paul. It's funny how many people saw that the worst concert they ever remember was due to being sick at it. Never happened to me yet...yet.

No comments: