Friday, April 22, 2011

First/Last-Sam Forrest & Hayley Hutchinson

Image courtesy Roberta Rayner

The Sorry Kisses are a duo hailing from England. They were recently featured here as my Artist of the Month for March. Why them, you ask? Because they write and perform catchy pop tunes that deserved to be listened to. You can do so here. Sam and Hayley were nice enough to take the time to participate in this edition of First/Last Friday.

The first album you ever bought?

Hayley Hutchinson: The Bangles 'Different Light' when I was 10.

Sam Forrest: The Beatles some Greatest Hits thing when I was 5.



Your last album bought?

Hayley: Ray Charles 'Hallelujah I Love Her So'.

Sam: Francoise Hardy 'Gin Tonic'.



Favorite album of all time?

Hayley: I don't know.

Sam: Neil Young 'After The Goldrush' maybe...



Least favorite/most disappointing album?

Hayley: Stephen Stills' 'Man Alive'. I bought it because I love 'Manassas' and was curious to see what he'd been up to recently but I just couldn't get on with the production and the overused chorus pedal.

Sam: Some Ozzy Osbourne album from the Eighties I only got halfway through, which was pretty disappointing I suppose...



First concert attended?

Hayley: My mum dragged me to see Barbara Dixon and Elaine Paige when I was 5 in Scotland. All I remember is lots of over the top singing and big hair.

Sam: The Wedding Present in York, England. I got punched in the face. It was great.



Last concert?

Hayley: Roddy Woomble in York, England

Sam: Benjamin Francis Leftwich in Leeds, England.



Favorite concert ever?

Hayley: Wilco at Manchester Academy 2, England in 2004.

Sam: Queens Of The Stone Age at Leeds Festival, 2001 maybe...



Least favorite concert?

Hayley: Ryan Adams at Manchester Academy 1. Not because he was bad, it was just I couldn't see or hear anything for pissed students and I'd been really looking forward to it.

Sam: The Bravery in London 2005. I think I laughed so hard I had to leave the venue.



Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?

BOTH: It's in America, Andy Warhol was born there (according to Wikipedia), it has something to do with steel, we've never been there, we'd quite like to go there, we don't know much about it, yet. If someone would like to pay for our flights from the UK we'd happily spend some time there and eat your burgers.



Thanks so much to the both of you. Hopefully, some day you will make a visit here and I'll be happy to buy you burgers!

No comments: