Friday, March 25, 2011

First/Last-Adam Rousseau

Triggers
Howler's Coyote Cafe
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Bloomfield

When I finally caught this band a couple months ago, I was blown away by how good they were. They have been around the local scene for awhile now and I criminally haven't seen them play since that last and only time. That changes this Saturday where they play a bill with School of Athens and Thee Audience at Howlers. Hopefully the guys found their merch bin and will have some music for sale this time...in any case, I am grateful that guitarist Adam took a little time out to play this week's edition of First/Last Friday.


The first album you ever bought?
First album I remember actually purchasing was probably the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack on cassette.

Your last album bought?
The Roots - How I Got Over.

Favorite album of all time?
This is a tough one, though the record that remains still holds the most significance to me has to be Pearl Jam - Vitalogy.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Probably the last few Weezer records, though I haven't heard Hurley yet.

First concert attended?
Beatlemania with my parents when I was very young. I thought they were the real Beatles.

Last concert?
Aside from shows we've played, I went to see Rooney when we were out in LA recording last fall.

Favorite concert ever?
Wow. This is a hard one. Probably when I saw The Strokes at Nick's Fat City in 2001.

Least favorite concert?
I was dating a girl that convinced me to go see Dashboard Confessional once. Wasn't particularly thrilled with that one.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I think Pittsburgh has some tremendously talented musicians and bands, and I've always hoped that it would gain some sort of national recognition as having a vibrant music scene ( a la Austin, Portland, Omaha etc ). There's definitely a sort of evolution happening with places like Brillobox and other Lawrenceville venues popping up in the last few years and I'm happy that Triggers have been able to be a part of that. Pittsburgh is great as it is now, and I believe it's only going to continue to grow and flourish as a center for music (and the arts in general).



Thanks Adam. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack! Since I've been doing these, that might be the best answer I've heard yet! See ya Saturday.

No comments: