Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Image of the Day-"Hey, All You Hippies!"

The Low Anthem
Brillobox
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Larryville

This was probably the most difficult concert I have ever shot for several reasons. First off, Brillobox is dark as hell to begin with and even though I implored my man Justin for some light, any light, I think the band was going for a vibe that left it a virtual dark room. Add to the fact that by the second song, half the audience was sitting on the floor which left me sort of immobile for the rest of the set. Finally, there were some songs that were so hushed, you could hear my shutter! I honestly try not to break the atmosphere so some choice image opportunities were gone forever. Kudos to the crowd who were amazingly respectful and attentive, even during the quiet tunes (exception being one local singer-songwriter's awesome accidental throat gurgle that could have derailed the encore...nice!). My third time seeing them play but my first full set proper from the band and they couldn't have been any better. Great performance from some incredible musicians. NPR has their show from two nights earlier here. More photos here.

No comments: