Sunday, March 7, 2010

Image Of The Day-"Hanuman"

Rodrigo Y Gabriela
WYEP Studios
Tuesday March 2, 2010
Southside

So there seemed to be a ton of buzz concerning these two among some of my fellow bloggers about a somewhat surprising Pittsburgh appearance. Frankly, I never even heard of them before and this studio session (as with most of them) offered a nice opportunity to get a taste of the band without shelling out $50 to find out. I have to say they conducted one of the more enjoyable interviews I have heard at the station in a while, Gabriela even dropping and F-bomb on air live! They were also some of the nicest, most humble musicians I have met. Very sweet people. As for the music, there was no denying their musicianship. Pretty impressive but I could not tell one song apart from the other and I don't know if I would be into listening to it for 90 minutes or so. Maybe, maybe not. Judge for yourself by listening to the session here. More photos here.


1 comment:

Roberto Cofresi said...

Hugh, great shots (as usual). Thanks for posting the link to that studio session too. I didn't even realize YEP put those up.

As for their Byham show, let me just say it was the most energy I've felt at a concert since AC/DC. No joke. Whether that says something about the concert itself or about my concert-going habits, I'll turn it back around and let you be the judge. But when they walked off stage to the thunderous "For Those About to Rock" the circle pretty well completed itself for me.