Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First/Last-We Came From Space


"We Came From Space is a small collective of super hero types. We Came From Space is flesh and blood guys that do what they can to bring a little light, heat, and volume to a sometimes dark, chilly, and silent world. We Came From Space uses loud rock and roll to generate righteous vibes and good time grooves! We are free thinkers in life and stand shoulder to shoulder in the certainty that MUSIC STILL MATTERS. It’s true! Someone’s just written it. We Came From Space doesn’t fly the flag of any particular musical genre (although the set list is REALLY light on country-opera) and are proud of the poppy, proggy, punky, rocky, songs we’ve written. Life has taught us that limitations are nothing if not ummm…. limiting. So, to that end, WCFS defies easy musical classification. If it rocks, it’s right. Nobody puts We Came From Space in a corner!! Each member contributes to the writing, arranging, and overall rocket sauce that keeps the heat on here at WCFS."

Check out the Pittsburgh quartet at their official Website and Facebook. They recently released their debut record, "How to Be Human" and will be playing around town in the very near future. In fact, keep an eye out for some official 'communication' in the days ahead. In the meantime, I want to thank Dave Buzard (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
“Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy” by Elton John.

Your last album bought?
“REV” by The Reverend Horton Heat.

Favorite album of all time?
“Pretty Hate Machine” by NIN.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I flat out love The Crystal Method but was disappointed in “Divided by Night”. I don't even like seeing that I've written that.

First concert attended?
Southside Johnny and The Iron City Houserockers at Clarion State College.

Last concert?

Emilie Autumn and The Birthday Party Massacre at Altar Bar.

Favorite concert ever?

Living Colour at the Syria Mosque ballroom.

Least favorite concert?
I saw The Mighty Mighty Bosstones one time and Dickey wanted to fight every dude in the crowd during the entire show. That was a bummer.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
My parents and I came down to a Steelers game when I was 10 or 11 years old. We stayed on the top floor of the Hilton and they got me my own room for the weekend. I remember riding the elevators for hours and pretending that I was a VIP. I was sure that I'd never find a cooler place than Pittsburgh. I'm no world traveler but I've seen a few places and I still love Pittsburgh. I've lived here for just over a year and it's pretty much been all elevator rides for me since I've hit town.

Thanks, Dave. Looking forward to hearing what you guys have up your sleeve for the future!

No comments: