Friday, February 21, 2014

First/Last-Lily Kershaw


"Sometimes a song is more than just a song. Sometimes a song can be a mirror to the world, or to the hidden selves we are or want to be. Lily Kershaw's debut album, Midnight In The Garden, explores emotional landscapes and heart clutching melodies that say the unsaid things we struggle to say ourselves. The album takes root in the titans of folk music…those classic songsmiths who weave tapestries of sound with fingerpicking and tales of often unspoken truths."

Check Lily out at her official Website, Facebook and Twitter. The L.A. based sing-songwriter is currently touring behind her debut full-length "Midnight in the Garden" and hits Pittsburgh tomorrow night at The Smiling Moose with support from locals Nick Barilla and Scott and Rosanna. I want to thank Lily for taking a few to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Simon and Garfunkel's “The Sounds of Silence”.

Favorite album of all time?
Either Simon and Garfunkel's “The Sounds of Silence” or Fleetwood Mac's “Rumours”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I'm not one to dwell on my least favorite of someone else's work. It's still something that someone put a lot of heart into.  I like to be an artist that supports other artists even if I don't love the work their doing. Art is arbitrary after all!

First concert attended?
Britney Spears!

Last concert?
Ke$ha & Pitbull at the Hollywood Bowl with my little sister.

Favorite concert ever?
I loved seeing The Decemberists at the Greek in Los Angeles. Great band, great venue!

Least favorite concert?
I feel like all the concerts I've been to have been good.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I've never been! But I am so looking forward to it. Someone please tweet me what to do there.

Thanks, Lily. There is actually TONS to do here, especially on the Southside (where the Moose is) on a Saturday night. You shouldn't have a problem finding something in a few seconds.

No comments: