Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First/Last-Diamond Shapes

Check out Lianna at SoundCloud. I recently met Lianna as she performed at the inuagural HughShows Live @ Eide's singing back-up with Household Stories. Turns out she a budding singer-songwriter in her own right and is just starting out and working on completing her first EP. I really want to thank her for playing the gig and for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
“The Green Album” by Weezer.

Your last album bought?
“6 Feet Beneath The Moon” by King Krule.

Favorite album of all time?
“The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan” by Bob Dylan.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I don't like to put anyone down for trying, but I remember this Emo album I had when I was in high school in which every song sounded exactly the same. I don't remember the name of the band or album.

First concert attended?
This is super embarrassing, but it was the Barenaked Ladies. I was 12 and I'm going to blame peer pressure.

Last concert?
Cyndi Lauper at The Palace Theatre. She tells the best stories.

Favorite concert ever?
Angel Olsen at The Warhol. The intimate atmosphere combined with her amazing songs and voice made for a beautiful evening.

Least favorite concert?
I should say the Barenaked Ladies, but I honestly don't even remember that concert. I'll go with Saves The Day and Taking Back Sunday. The bands weren't really into it and my friend and I made the poor decision of going into the mosh pit.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I've lived right outside of the city for my whole life. It can be a little cold at times, but it always holds me dearly.

Thanks, Lianna. Really like what I hear so far. Looking forward to more music from you for sure. And seriously, thanks so much for playing Eide's. It really does mean a lot.

No comments: