Tuesday, January 29, 2013

First/Last-White Like Fire

"White Like Fire released their new Lies EP and video on January 29th. They have shared the stage with national acts such as All Time Low, and their fans enjoy their energy, volume, and when they light stuff on fire. See fire here."

Check out the band at it's official Website, Facebook, Twitter, iTunes and Amazon. The Pittsburgh rock & roll upstarts dropped a brand new EP today called, "Lies". My thanks to Blake Clawson (Vocals/Guitar), Tyler Clawson (Lead Vocals/Bass), Joe Killian (Drums) and Evan Cresswell (Rhythm Guitar) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Blake &Tyler Clawson: Eiffel 65, “I’m blue dabadeedabadai”. Everybody loves non-lexical vocals, just maybe not those anymore.
Joe Killian: A Led Zeppelin compilation album when I was 10. Hooked immediately.
Evan Cresswell: A photo album for his mother.

Your last album bought?
Blake: The Chariot, “One Wing”.
Tyler: Definitely not Jack White’s “Blunderbuss”.
Joe: Jack White's “Blunderbuss”. There is so much I could say about every song on that album. Basically, Jack White will probably be one of the dudes that define the ‘sound’ of our generation…and to that I say, “eff yes”.
Evan: Whatever Tyler is listening to.

Favorite album of all time?
Blake: Phoenix, “Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix”.
Joe: Delta Spirit's “Ode to Sunshine”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
All: Probably “Chinese Democracy” or “Come Around Sundown”.

First concert attended?
Blake, Tyler, & Evan: Honestly? It was probably some Shackeltons show or something in a homeless shelter in a small town from middle-of-nowhere PA, which, if you haven’t experienced it, you wouldn’t understand just how awesome it was.
Joe: My parents took me to the Summer Stage Festival in New York when I was a wittle baby. My uncle was the promoter of that concert series and let my dad into a trailer they thought was empty so my diaper could be changed. Turned out, it was Pete Seeger's trailer and he woke up in the midst of the ol' diaper switcheroo. According to my dad, he was down with the situation and went back to sleep.

Last concert?
Blake: Probably some Chariot show at some point.
Joe: Laura Marling at Club Café.

Favorite concert ever?
Blake: The Chariot in London. After the show my face was bleeding and I was missing my watch.
Joe: A Dr. Dog show in Philly at the TLA, probably three years ago now. They ordered a ton of pizza and during a song they had roadies and backstage people passing it all out to the crowd. They're also one of the best live bands of all time, no joke.

Least favorite concert?
Blake: I watched Bob Dylan weez and burp into a microphone a few years back. He didn’t even play ‘Like a Rolling Stone’, big waste of money.
Joe: That's tough, but I think it was a Spoon show I went to. Good band, awful live. It was like the audience didn't exist to them or something.
Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
All: Being an education center, Pittsburgh brings in lots of creative people. The kids here aren't over-privileged and don't get cut any lucky breaks so everyone works hard. It’s a good energy to be around, so when everyone comes together for shows it is addicting.

Thanks, guys. Diggin' the confident cover photo by Danny Haritan.

No comments: