Thursday, January 17, 2013

First/Last-Wandering Rocks

Friday, January 18, 2012
Southside

"From Williamstown MA, the Wandering Rocks are about to release their self- titled debut CD on Barn Tone Records.  Rehearsing, composing, performing and recording in a 19th century barn, they sing glorious songs about rivers, fields, landscapes & love. They have been described as chamber folk rock but their unique intimate sound crosses boundaries and treads in new musical territory."

You can find the band on Facebook and SoundCloud. They perform in Pittsburgh tomorrow night at Club Cafe for the early show with support from local troubadour Mark Dignam. My thanks to Karl Mullen (Vocals/Guitars) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
“Alan Price Set”.


Your last album bought?
“Mala in Cuba”.


Favorite album of all time?
“The Music of What Happens”.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
The one I never made.


First concert attended?
My mum in the kitchen.


Last concert?
My kids in the kitchen.


Favorite concert ever?
Backstage with George Clinton.


Least favorite concert?
The ones I missed.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Loved it. It was something to behold in the late 70's, belching Steel Mills and real bars on the Southside.

Thanks, Karl. Man, I remember seeing your old band The Ploughman's Lunch a bunch of times back in the day. I was at a house gig once and the host thought I was in the band!

No comments: