Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First/Last-Ellis Paul

Thursday, January 31, 2013
Southside

"Ellis Paul is a critically-acclaimed singer, songwriter, poet, and troubadour originally hailing from a potato farming family in northern Maine. He is the recipient of thirteen Boston Music Awards, second only to multi-platinum act, Aerosmith. Over the course of fifteen years, Ellis Paul has built a vast catalog of music which weds striking poetic imagery and philosophical introspection with hook-laden melodies."

Check out Ellis at his official Website, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and MySpace. He is performing tomorrow night at Club Cafe in support of his latest release, "City of Silver Dreams". My thanks to  Ellis for taking a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.



Your last album bought?
Pretty sure it was a LP by Chuck Mangione, called “Children of Sanchez”.

Favorite album of all time?
“Harvest” by Neil Young.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I've never been disappointed with a purchase. I only buy artists I respect, so I tend to accept what they present with the same respect. Sometimes there are surprises that don't feel right. Bob Dylan's ‘Christmas’ album would be included here.

First concert attended?
Doc Severensen around 1975.

Last concert?
I saw many shows at festivals this past summer. Chris Smither was my most recent favorite.

Favorite concert ever?
Probably U2 at Live Aid, late 80's.

Least favorite concert?
A Dylan/Petty double bill at Red Rocks. I was too far back, and they weren't reaching me, though I love them both.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Played there for years, love WYEP!


Thanks, Ellis. Live Aid, huh? Too cool!

No comments: