Friday, March 31, 2017

First/Last - Enemy Mind


"Enemy Minds musical style involves heavy and fast groove guitar parts with brutal slow riffs mixed in, metal drumming with double bass, and lower guttural vocals."

Enemy Mind is a death metal band from Pittsburgh who's latest release, No Safe Place is available now via German label Beat Down Hard Wear. I want to thank Andy Kichi (Guitar) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Probably …And Justice for All from Metallica. It was either that or Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer.

Your last album bought?
I recently got a special edition vinyl of From Dusk Til' Dawn's Soundtrack. It was a limited edition deal, I think only 500 made or something like that.

Favorite album of all time?
Would have to be Pantera's Great Southern Trendkill.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Load by Metallica. It was a big disappointment

First concert attended?
Deep Purple at the Peterson Event Center in 1998.

Last concert?
The Code Orange CD release show. Enemy Mind played it. It was a good time.

Favorite concert ever?
I honestly couldn't say my favorite concert ever... I was at so many good ones when I was a kid. Pretty much any concert at Club Laga back in the day was a great show.

Least favorite concert?
I would have to say I've honestly never been to a BAD concert. I have been to concerts where the sound wasn't up to par, but It was not a terrible show overall.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I live in Ohio now, but Pittsburgh will always be the place that feels most like home. You just can’t beat the kind of people and community that city has. I have a lot of good friends from there, and wouldn't want to grow up anywhere else.

Thanks, Andy. I remember seeing a Deep Purple show at the Civic Arena on the Perfect Strangers tour and that still goes down as one of the most underrated concerts I've ever been too. They were so good.

No comments: