Monday, October 24, 2016

First/Last - wwoman


wwoman is a brand new lo-fi psych pop outfit from Pittsburgh songwriter Greg Smee who is dropping a 10 track debut release this week in the form of cassettes and CDs. I want to thank Greg for taking the time to participating in this edition of First/Last. 


The first album you ever bought?
I got a two-banger of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, and Dookie. I don't think I even had a CD player yet but I still stand by my purchases.

Your last album bought?
I bought the new Mild High Club album a few weeks ago. The dude who is in creative control over there, Alex, is someone I look to for arrangement ideas. The left turn they took is still settling in on me, but I do enjoy this one for sure.

Favorite album of all time?
It's got to be some Beatles stuff, though I'm not a hands-down type of guy. I've been only listening to Life of Pablo for like a month now, if that says anything.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Putting me on the spot here.

First concert attended?
Dropkick Murphys, woah.

Last concert?
I don't get out much.

Favorite concert ever?
One that comes to mind is Foxygen--they are super high energy in a live setting. They can even transfer spare energy successfully on a weeknight in Pittsburgh.

Least favorite concert?
We saw Cocorosie a couple years ago, who I admittedly never followed, so maybe I was off to a bad start. They had technical issues on stage, which was fine, but they were like castigating the sound guy and ended up leaving the stage. It was a mess.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
It's great to see the city growing like it is, in a somewhat responsible manner. We do need to make sure we are nurturing the right auras.

Thanks, Greg. Those are two pretty un-embarrassing first albums you picked up there. Usually it's something like Backstreet Boys but they are solid, man.

No comments: