Monday, October 17, 2016

First/Last - Sofia Talvik


 "Unmistakably Nordic in flavor, Sofia Talvik somehow still conforms to American interpretations of her own original music, a North Sea siren blending sparkle and melancholy, creating a special niche of folk music that has been described as neo-folk."

Sofia Talvik is a Swedish folk/Americana artist hailing from Gothenburg currently touring behind her latest release Big Sky Country which brings her back to Pittsburgh Winery this Friday (10/21) with support from local singer-songwriter Jesse Denaro. I want to thank Sofia for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.



The first album you ever bought?
Pet Shop Boys Behaviour.

Your last album bought?
Aimee Mann @#%&*! Smilers.

Favorite album of all time?
Neko Case Fox Confessor Brings The Flood.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
It’s definitely not my least favorite album, but I was a bit disappointed by Jason Isbell’s new album Something More Than Free, only because I really loved Southeastern.

First concert attended?
Suede, I think in 1993 in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Last concert?
Jason Isbell, in 2016 Berlin, Germany.

Favorite concert ever?
Mew, in Stockholm, Sweden.

Least favorite concert?
Fleet Foxes, in 2011 in Stockholm, Sweden.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I’m really looking forward to coming back to one of my favorite U.S venues. We had such a great time last time we played at Pittsburgh Winery and we met a lot of great people!


Thanks, Sofia. I have to say, your fave album pick is very hard to argue against. That record is amazing and the high point in her career, in my opinion.

No comments: