Friday, July 18, 2014

First/Last-carol blaze


carol blaze is Pittsburgh 'dream-pop shoegazer' A.T. Vish. I am honored to have him help me celebrate ten years of HughShows today and thank him for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.
 
The first album you ever bought?
Well, it was either “Kiss Alive II” or AC/DC “Highway to Hell”. Not sure what counts because, my parents somehow thought it was appropriate to buy “Kiss Alive II” for me for Easter. I bought “Highway to Hell” myself. Either way, they weren’t exercising too much over sight about my music, thankfully.

Your last album bought?
Dulsori, “Korean Drums”.

Favorite album of all time?
“Love” by The Cult, “The Unforgettable Fire” by U2, “So” by Peter Gabriel, or “Elesgiem” by Lowsunday.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I don’t own any albums that I don’t like.

First concert attended?
Alabama (you’ll be happy to know the second was U2's ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ tour, both at Civic Arena).

Last concert?
Muse at Consol Energy Center.

Favorite concert ever?
Maybe Coldpay in Harrisburg, The Cult at Syria Mosque, Jane’s Addiction at Cleveland Lollapalooza, or Lowsunday at Virgin Records Megastore, NY or the last performance of the Pittsburgh production of ‘Hedwig and the Angry Inch’.

Least favorite concert?
Maybe the last time i saw the Cult, a year ago?? Billy Duffy is a God, Ian Astbury needs to remember what being a rockstar entails and stop being so lazy. Basically, they are a REALLY, REALLY good Cult cover band now.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I should have gotten some balls and moved to a place where the music industry operates when I was 22.

Thanks, V.I really do appreciate you and your music and have to let you know that others do as well. I believe this 'scene' is what you make of it.


No comments: