Wednesday, July 24, 2013

First/Last-The Marbits


"The Marbits are an indie folk/rock band formed in November 2011 by Yam & Co. in Pittsburgh, PA."

Check out the band at Facebook, ReverbNation, YouTube and BandCamp. I stumbled upon them whilst trolling BandCamp and want to thank Sam Young (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Linkin Parks' “Hybrid Theory”. I was eleven and it was the cool thing to do then.

Your last album bought?
I think the last album I bought was an Appalachian Terror Unit album. I never listened to it in full.

Favorite album of all time?
A tricky question to answer, I would have to go with either, The Notwists' “Neon Golden”, or with Bill Callahans' “Apocalypse”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I don't really have a least favorite, but the most disappointing album I've heard would have to be… Kendrick Lamars' “Good Kidd, M.A.A.D. City”. A handful of his songs are O.K. but most seem over produced.

First concert attended?
My first concert was Warped Tour, '06 I think. I hated it but the girlfriend at the time was all about that kind of thing.

Last concert?
The last show I went to (purely to watch) was Listener. It was a fairly decent show, again, a girlfriend talked me into going ha-ha.

Favorite concert ever?
My favorite show from this year was when Imagine Dragons played with Jezebel. It was amazing on all accounts.

Least favorite concert?
I don't think I have a least favorite show, I may have to say Saint Seneca when they were here over the summer, but not because of them. I was drunk and persistent on going home and sleeping.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh, is my favorite city, and one of my favorite things to experience in Pittsburgh is drinking a 40 oz. and sitting on bridges. I'm a weird one.


Thanks, Yam. Been digging your stuff and would love to see you play soon.

No comments: