Monday, April 30, 2012

Image of the Day-"Headboards and Aspirin"

Monday, April 23, 2012
Larryville


I had zero intention of going out but listened to a couple of songs streaming on the band's site and literally got my ass off the couch to hit this show (after stopping by and shooting Deer Tick earlier in the night). Unfortunately, I missed a few songs from the beginning of the set but man is this band so good. It's actually just Darren Jesse (Ben Fold Five's former drummer) and any studio session dudes he gets to play with him on the albums and perform live with. This is easily one of my new favorite bands as the two most recent albums I picked up at the show are fantastic folk rock that I cannot eject from my player. Hopefully there will be lots more from Darren on this blog in the future. I just love discovering new great bands.



No comments: