Thursday, April 19, 2012

Image of the Day-"Cool Light"

Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Northshore


Shooting for WYEP, I wasn't all that familiar with the band. Playing the first night of their tour, the band's droning, psychedelic rock is definitely right up my alley so all is good. Hanging in the back, I noticed more than a few fans blissfully rocking their head to the slow churn of the jams. Do people still drop acid at shows? Kind of makes me think so.


My itinerary was to go check out Cursive at Smalls the same night but opener Doldrums screwed those plans up as he was late getting to Pittsburgh from Montreal. The guy seemed extremely flustered and by what he said, I'll give him a break as his trip seemed like pure hell. Playing electronic loops and various sounds, I actually enjoyed his set as it didn't go on too long to irritate me. Check out more photos here.

No comments: