Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Image Of The Day-"The Sound Of Sunshine"

Michael Franti
WYEP Studios
Saturday October 23, 2010
Southside

Again this is a case of "I've heard of Michael Franti but am not familiar with his music one bit." Evidently, I am in the minority because this was probably the most crowded studio session out of the dozens I have seen in this room. Michael seemingly stumbled out of the van with a glazed look in his eye to a warm welcome from the crowd waiting to enter. Scenes of Spicoli entered my mind as we enjoyed stories about the awesome wonderments of oranges, Woody Harrelson, and Jamaican studios. Duuuuuude! It turned out he was a really nice guy and posed for pictures and signed autographs for everyone in the audience afterward. I'll say it again, treat your fanbase nice and they will return the favor tenfold. Listen to the set here. More photos here.

No comments: