Friday, October 22, 2010

Contest for Twitter!


I have been on Twitter for awhile now and I mainly tweet about posts from this blog. Sometimes I throw out random things here and there when I am bored enough. I still haven't figured out exactly how to use this social tool/nuisance to it's fullest abilities as of yet. One thing I would like to do is celebrate the fact that people are actually following what's happening with this awesome thing I call HughShows.

As you may or may not know, I enjoy drawing. Some of my favorite subjects are bands (most of the time). I do it for fun, for me, and don't expect anything from it. I once knew a guy who collected empty Skoal cans. I collect indie band memorabilia. Same thing.

Anyway, here is just a sampling of my work.

As I approach 100 followers on Twitter, I am going to give away an original piece of my work to my 118th follower. That person can either choose a drawing that I have already done (if I still have it, sometimes the bands want it) or pick a band of their choice for me to draw. I work in color pencil and the dimensions are approximately 25'x10'. If you want a drawing of your kids, forget it, you can email me about a price.

I can already sense that this little experiment will be a total bust. I don't care about that. My work has no demand, I know. My feeling is that I want to share the absolute pleasure I get from the combination of music and art with someone who appreciates it as much as I do. Good luck.

The very first sketch I ever did for a musician. I brought it to a show and someone asked me if I drew it during the concert.


The best reaction from any of my drawings was John Doe. He asked why I was showing him a picture of Fred Munster?

These guys were so appreciative that I took the time to do this. They both said separately when each other wasn't around that they couldn't wait to give it to their Mum.

My personal favorite. Do I have another one with seven portraits? No.

By far the most popular drawing I have ever done.

Two years after I gave this to him, Ryan told me he keeps this in his desk among a bunch of songs he's working on as inspiration! What?

I finished this one of Michael Franti today.

No comments: