Thursday, October 21, 2010

First/Last-Peace Ike

The Peace Project
Club Cafe
Saturday October 23, 2010
Southside

Today's artist is celebrating a CD release with a show this Saturday. I have seen Peace play a couple of times backing up her sister Joy and it's cool that she is making a name for herself in town. She was nice enough to take the time and participate in today's edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
A dc Talk album, "Free at Last". I grew up listening to them.

Your last album bought?
Ryan Leslie’s self-titled album.

Favorite album of all time?
That’s a VERY hard question to answer. But I would have to say Gavin DeGraw, "Chariot".

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
It was by one of my favorite musicians, Marc Broussard. The album was "Momentary Setback" and.... I just wanted...more.

First concert attended?
A News Boys concert at the Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan.

Last concert?
Family Force Five Concert at the Purple Door Music Festival.

Favorite concert ever?
That's another difficult question to answer. I've seen so many great live performances. To make it easy, I’ll choose the most recent "best" concert, which was a B. Reith concert. The guy is just crazy talented.

Least favorite concert?
The Family Force Five concert. Not because I don't love those guys; I'm a HUGE fan! It’s because I was surrounded by thousands of pre-pubescent teens who felt the need to start a mosh-pit in the exact location where I was standing.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh has been a great city for me to build my music foundation. The people of Pittsburgh show appreciation for artists who take pride in what they do, and it is much appreciated. I'll always have love for my hometown!



Thanks, Peace. I have to admit, I'm not familiar with any of the musicians you mentioned but that's what I love about these posts. I get to discover new music, which is always welcome.

No comments: