Monday, April 16, 2018

First/Last - Lindsay Dragan


"Lindsay Dragan is a Pittsburgh-based garage folk artist. You can catch her as a solo act and a full band on local, national, and international stages."

Lindsay Dragan is a singer-songwriter originally from Brooklyn and now residing in Pittsburgh who can be seen out on a regular basis in the flourishing open mic scene in town. Her debut from a few years ago, Be Good to Yourself is a beautiful indie folk pop collection of songs both personal and universal. She is taking part in a very special show tonight (Tuesday, 4/17) at Brillobox supporting ex-Pgh artist and blog fave Roger Harvey as he stops back in town along with his family of songwriter friends for a celebration of his latest release. Seriously, Paul Luc, Emily Rodgers, Anthony Heubel and Chris 2? What a lineup! This is going to be one hell of a show. I want to thank Lindsay for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Hootie and the Blowfish, Cracked Rear View.

Your last album bought?
I traded a copy of my album with Liv Lombardi for her album, Freedom Girl.

Favorite album of all time?
Fleetwood Mac, either their self-titled or Rumours.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Honestly, if I don't like an album, I just stop listening to it.

First concert attended?
Hanson, on the Middle of Nowhere tour, 1998.

Last concert?
Paul Luc, Bad Seed release, March 2018.

Favorite concert ever?
I'll give you my top three: Feist, Carnegie Music Hall, on the Reminder tour (I think that was 2006 or 2007?); The War on Drugs at Terminal 5 in New York, Sept 2017; Savages at the Mercury Lounge in NY, January 2015.

Least favorite concert?
Wilco. So anticlimactic.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
This sounds so cliché and cheesy, but of the several places I've lived, nothing feels as deeply like home as Pittsburgh. I feel like a part of the land here. Also, raising my daughter in the city has been a pretty awesome experience so far.


Thanks, Lindsay. Shhhh on that Wilco pick. They have some pretty fervent defenders. Personally I love them but I can see how they can be boring to some... or most.

No comments: