Wednesday, October 25, 2017

First/Last - Sierra Sellers


"Sewickly native Seirra Sellers grew up on a steady stream of R&B, rock, country and gospel thanks to her family’s eclectic taste. She found herself gravitating towards neo-soul artists like Jill Scott, India Arie and Lauryn Hill. Sellers found encouragement in a very good group of friends she’d met throughout her life, especially at St. Vincent College, where she recently graduated." - Cindy Howes (WYEP)

Sierra Sellers is an up and coming Pittsburgh based R&B/Soul songwriter who recently released her latest single "Gimme" produced by Washington D.C. based K-Ron. Sierra will be bringing her festive vibe (along with a who's who of local musical talent) as part of the 7th annual Holiday Hootenanny presented by WYEP on December 7th at the August Wilson Center. I want to thank her for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Dangerously in Love by Beyoncé.


Your last album bought?
A vinyl of Carlos Santana live.


Favorite album of all time?
Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1, or The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I was disappointed with Drake's most recent album. There was so much hype with it and I just could not catch a vibe.


First concert attended?
Britney Spears and *NSYNC.


Last concert?Chance the Rapper.

Favorite concert ever?This local band called Starship Mantis was nothing like I have ever experienced, and for that reason they were my favorite concert.

Least favorite concert?
Jesse McCartney... my sister made me go...


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh has been great to me. I think it is a great place to build my sound and grow in such a supportive environment. My only wish is that there are more r&b/soul shows for me in the future.

Thanks, Sierra. Yes... I am definitely on board that Starship Mantis love vessel! They are so much fun!

No comments: